Job no: 496220
Work type: full time
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 80,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
Our Sydney team is seeking a permanent, full-time Actuarial Analyst to provide internal actuarial analysis for our organisation. This role is focused on assisting the Corporate Actuarial team in delivering any valuation, analytical and reporting requirements for Avant’s capital management, budgeting, and reserving processes.
Key activities in this role will include:
- Delivering analytical and reporting requirements for Corporate Actuarial;
- Challenging existing ways of thinking to improve efficiency, transparency, and innovation;
- Performing other sophisticated actuarial analysis to the broader Avant business as required;
- Operation and development of claims valuation models;
- Development of consistent reporting / analytical practices across reserving, budgeting and capital management;
- Carrying out analysis as required with a view to enhancing Avant’s strategic actuarial insight into the broader business and to improve profitability.
- Developing an understanding of Avant’s business including the way its data is recorded and reported in the administration & reporting systems.
- Ensuring the quality and technical soundness of all actuarial advice.
- Supporting various deliverables for the Group’s capital management;
- Supporting deliverables and reporting for Avant’s outstanding claims reserving and premium pool process;
- Supporting deliverables for the annual budgeting process and other financial projections;
- Supporting Corporate Actuarial with the provision of high quality actuarial advice to the broader business.
Education and formal qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in an analytical / numerate discipline
- Part way progression through actuarial exams
Personal qualifications/critical competencies:
- Collaboration & Team Fit
- Attention to detail and cross-project thinking
- Integrity in the application of Actuarial principals (Mandatory)
- Ambition and discipline
- Drive and determination (Mandatory)
- Prior work experience within an actuarial team viewed favourably
- Prior work experience within an insurance company or fund manager (alternatively related consulting experience) viewed favourably
- Prior experience in preparing reports
- Valuation, Capital modelling and financial forecasting skills viewed favourably
- Long tail general insurance experience viewed favourably
- Highly numerate
- Understanding of insurance principles and general insurance market
- Advanced MS Excel and SAS skills
- Robust knowledge of actuarial techniques and disciplines
- Ability to work in a fast paced team environment
- Delivery management skills
- Problem solving skills
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend