Finance Business Partner
Job no: 497268
Work type: full time
Categories: Management Accounting and Budgeting
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 80,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
Our Sydney based business finance team are seeking a driven and experienced Finance Business Partner for a permanent, full time opportunity.
This opportunity will see you supporting our unique organisation with internal financial reporting, expense management and budget system management. This is a fantastic opportunity to drive business decision making through the development and maintenance of existing and new systems, processes and controls.
The key responsibilities include:
- Financial management and reporting for our Technology in Practice business as well as 2 of our shared services divisions;
- Maintenance, data integrity and governance of financial systems and reporting processes;
- Be a trusted business partner to the CEO and Executive Managers of each of the businesses within your portfolio to support strategic business decision making;
- Support automation initiatives for budget, expense and financial reporting;
- Provide annual and quarterly financial reporting for business budget forecasting.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting;
- Previous demonstrated experience in a management accounting role in a corporate environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of insurance accounting, group accounting and accounting for fee based businesses;
- Previous allocation management experience with the ability to assist in the design and build of an allocation model;
- Strong demonstrated experience utilising IBM Planning analytics (TM1);
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong time management and resource prioritisation skills; and
- Strong Excel reporting and data manipulation experience.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton (Talent Acquisition Manager) on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend