People and Culture Manager
Job no: 497328
Work type: full time
Categories: Human Resources Consultants / Advisors, Management
- Are you passionate about driving people initiatives as a true business partner?
- Be part of a well-established, respected and friendly team
- Make a difference to our people in this unique opportunity
We have an opportunity to join our People and Culture team for a 13 month fixed term contract, commencing November 2019 (as maternity leave cover) in our new and modern Sydney CBD offices.
This role will see you be a true partner to the CEOs and Senior Leadership teams of two of our largest business lines with approximately 300 employees, driving success through our people across all aspects of the employee experience. If you like to be involved as a key part of the business leadership team, where you really do have a seat at the table, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the General Manager of People & Culture, this opportunity will see you:
- Be the trusted advisor and partner to the leaders of our organisation, providing expert advice across all aspects of the employee lifecycle;
- Lead and mentor a team of two;
- Partner with a diverse client group ranging from lawyers to contact centre staff;
- Be the driver of a wide range of initiatives that engage and retain our people;
- Be the expert for employee relations matters; and
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition Manager in our recruitment and selection activities across workforce planning, sourcing and onboarding.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Extensive understanding of human resources, preferably in a professional services environment;
- Demonstrated leadership experience, leading and mentoring a human resources team;
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills, with an ability to challenge and influence across all levels;
- Exceptional written and oral communication;
- A passion for people and driving initiatives that make a difference;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in human resources or equivalent.
Who we are:
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 80,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
If you are passionate about people and looking for a role that will see you make a significant impact on an organisation, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager, directly on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend