Job no: 497370
Work type: full time
Categories: General Insurance, Product Management and Development
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
We are seeking an experienced and innovative Product Manager to take ownership of the end to end product management of Avant’s medical indemnity insurance products. This role will report into the Head of Member Design, Product & Portfolio and will be based in our Sydney CBD Head office.
We are seeking a thought leader to manage the content of policy for the core products and seek to achieve a shared understanding across Avant of the intent and extent of the cover. As a member owned organization we want to design our products and services from their standpoint and we are looking for a candidate that can put themselves in our members shoes.
We are seeking an engaging person who is skilled at building and maintaining relationships across the company, an internal ambassador for our products. This role will see you pursue a program of continuous improvement to ensure the content of our policies can be more readily understood by our members and other stakeholders. This role is also tasked with understanding our product range, analyzing the products of competitors and training internal stakeholders on the product range.
The key responsibilities include:
- End to end product design and management of Avant’s existing and new products;
- Collaborate with non-medical indemnity product managers to ensure alignment in coverage.
- Identify competitiveness of Avant’s products and make recommendations about changes in line with the Group’s risk and governance framework;
- Support the business in relation to Avant’s products including providing training, answering staff queries, and assisting in member queries;
- Acting as the subject matter expert in projects affecting core medical indemnity product;
- Creating a shared understanding throughout the business regarding how the products operate and how they apply to our members;
- Managing an iterative process of updating our products to improve members engagement.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience within a healthcare setting;
- Previous demonstrated experience in insurance or a related field (banking or financial services) in a technical role such as underwriting, broking, product or legal;
- Proven success in writing and maintaining claims made policies;
- Strong change management experience with excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of a legal or compliance environment within insurance field;
- Ability to develop business cases supporting new product concepts incorporating member/customer perspective;
- Ability to present or report on complex matters to non-technical audiences;
- Strong reporting skills with high attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills, innovative and member based design thinking and drive to succeed;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend