Internal Audit Manager
Job no: 497374
Work type: full time
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
As our organisation diversifies and grows, a newly created opportunity is now available for an Internal Audit Manager to join our Sydney team in a permanent, full time position. This opportunity will see you utilising your expertise to support our Head of Internal Audit in the delivery of a portfolio of reviews across Avant’s businesses.
This role will also work closely with the Head of Internal Audit to assess our systems and controls, develop and manage our Internal Audit Program and complete internal audits, compliance audits and risk-based reviews.
The key responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Internal Audit to develop and implement a risk-based audit program;
- Assist in maintaining a high-level confidence among our executive team stakeholders, the Board and the external regulators;
- Lead and manage the execution of internal audits;
- Prepare and present audit reports to management and Audit Committee; and
- Initiate and lead change to improve the quality and added value of internal audit at Avant.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or law;
- Professional qualification including CIA/CA/CPA (or equivalent);
- Previous demonstrated experience in an internal audit role with experience leading and executing internal audit projects;
- A background in financial services, ideally in the general insurance industry;
- Comprehensive understanding of contemporary risk based internal audit methodologies gained through practical application;
- A strong focus on time management and work management;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- Data analytics skills and a strong report writing ability.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend