Job no: 497398
Work type: full time
Categories: Corporate and Commercial Law, Insurance and Superannuation Law
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We are a diverse organisation, supporting over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence, indemnity insurance, health insurance, life and wealth.
Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
We have a permanent full-time opportunity, to support our Head of Legal with the provision of corporate, commercial and financial services legal advice and governance advice to all of Avant’s businesses.
This role will see you becoming the expert in our legal and regulatory obligations and various industry issues that may impact the Avant Group, our members and policyholders.
The key accountabilities for this opportunity are:
- provide corporate legal, commercial and governance advice to all of Avant businesses;
- contracts drafting, review and negotiation;
- reviewing insurance product documentation from a legal perspective;
- statutory interpretation and advice on legislative reform impacting Avant’s business;
- litigation support for corporate litigation;
- legal Advice on AFCA complaints;
- staff legal training; and
- provide support to the Head of Legal and the General Counsel & Head of the Office of the Managing Director.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualifications (LLB or equivalent);
- Current NSW (or other Australian State) Legal Practitioner Practising Certificate;
- Private practice experience in providing commercial legal advice;
- Previous demonstrated experience working in an insurance or financial services environment would be beneficial;
- A pragmatic and commercial focus;
- Highly developed stakeholder and people management skills;
- High level of written and spoken language skills; and
- Strong drafting and contract management skills.
This role will see you gain broad exposure to all aspects of corporate law, in a support team environment that offers flexibility, the ability to work from home one day per week and a range of benefits.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Shipton - Talent Acquisition Manager on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend