Head of Procurement and Vendor Management
Job no: 497414
Work type: full time
Categories: Strategy and Planning
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
This newly created role will work closely with numerous business unit teams in a cross-functional and collaborative capacity. This role will see you support our organisation to develop a vendor management strategy and framework, with a focus on vendors managed under contract agreements.
We are looking for a thought leader, with strength in building processes and policies, implement technology tools and leading enterprise-wide vendor risk assessment and mitigation principles and solutions.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for:
- building and leading an enterprise Vendor Management framework to support ongoing vendor risk management, compliance and performance optimization activities across Avant Group;
- lead the procurement function, including development and implementation of strategic and operational sourcing, procurement, contracting and supply management strategies, and operations processes to ensure the organisation attains the best value from vendors;
- provide enterprise level vendor relationship organization and facilitation;
- implement and manage an enterprise vendor risk assessment and risk management solution for detailed vendor risk profiles and monitoring across the life cycle of the vendor relationship;
- collaborate with key stakeholder groups during risk related incidents affecting key vendors and assist the business to remediate risks identified during risk assessments;
- lead the creation of governance, methodologies and tools required for the effective oversight of Third Party Management practices across the Avant Group; and
- advise and influence business unit CEOs and other leaders on the development and implementation of wider Third-Party Management initiatives that may impact their businesses.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, finance, IT or related discipline;
- proven success in a senior vendor management and procurement role;
- accountability for a Vendor Relationship function in a mid-sized organisation with end-to-end responsibility;
- demonstrable record of strategic and mutually beneficial arrangements in the interests of the organisation and its customers and partners;
- sustained record of effectively leading and managing multiple concurrent vendor relationships;
- strong experience of practical and pragmatic governance and risk management;
- excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- thought leadership and strategic thinking capabilities with an appetite for change in a fast paced environment.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend