Job no: 497480
Work type: full time
Categories: Insurance and Superannuation Law
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading medical defence organisation. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
Avant operates nationally and support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students through our Member service, claims management expertise, 24/7 medico-legal advice and highly experienced legal representation.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
We are seeking a permanent, full time Solicitor to join the Professional Conduct division of Avant Law Limited in our Brisbane CBD office.
In this position, you will deliver high quality, timely legal advice and services in respect to non-civil litigations to the professional conduct claims team of Avant Insurance and Avant’s members.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide a professional, thorough and effective legal service to achieve the best outcome for Avant’s members;
- Provide oral and written legal advice to members and Avant Insurance claims managers concerning non-civil legal claims and also general medico-legal advice;
- Prepare and manage legal files contributing to the delivery and achievement of a superior and comprehensive legal service;
- Represent members in legal proceedings, attend court, tribunals or inquiries and through clear and persuasive advocacy achieve the best outcome for the member.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary legal qualifications such as a Bachelor of Law degree;
- Hold or eligible to hold an unsupervised practising certificate as a Solicitor in Queensland;
- Demonstrated post admission experience in medical negligence or related litigation is preferred;
- The ability to express ideas effectively with proven excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- High level of prioritisation, time management and self-management skills;
- Good computer literacy and competency to work in an electronic document management environment.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend