Senior Claims Manager
Job no: 497494
Work type: full time
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
An opportunity is now available for a Senior Claims Manager to join our Perth claims team in a permanent, full time position. This opportunity will see you support our members through the management of their claims, providing expert advice every step of the way.
This role will also see you participating in our medico-legal advice offering, on our 24/7 roster, which delivers advice and support to our members.
The key responsibilities include:
- Managing member claims and investigations to support our members;
- Providing guidance, advice and support in the indemnification of claims;
- Proactively formulate a claims management strategy for the member, to achieve the best possible outcome;
- Partnering with Solicitors to support of our members in claims as required;
- Contributing to Avant’s provision of claims services including special projects, writing articles and presentations; and
- Participating in the resourcing of the medico-legal advice hotline.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in legal, health or business;
- Previous demonstrated experience in insurance claims management;
- A strong understanding of current health and insurance legislation;
- A strong focus on time management and work management;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;and
- Proven ability to work in an electronic document management system.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend