Junior .Net Developer
Job no: 498148
Work type: full time
Categories: Developers / Programmers
About the role
This is a great role for a junior developer to gain experience in the development, maintenance and support of our internal applications. You will be working in an experienced and collaborative team that will provide training and support to take your career to the next level. You will also have the opportunity to gain experience in Azure Integration Services.
This is a permanent, full time role, reporting to the Manager of Applications and Integration Services and will be based in our Melbourne CBD office.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop new applications and enhance existing applications;
- Assist in managing new features and changes;
- Contribute to user story elaboration session and technical design;
- Provide application support to business stakeholders;
- Assist other members of the Application Services team and provide support to meet project deliverables.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in IT or Computer Science
- Experience working independently or in a small team as a junior C# .Net Developer
- Exposure to Web API and Agile projects would be an advantage.
About the company
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
Avant is a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
Why work at Avant?
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
- Discount of 25% on Private Health Insurance, free Salary Continuance Insurance and free Travel Insurance
- We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities. Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
- Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
- Employee Referral Program which rewards $2,500
- We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and Wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
- We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0429 404 856
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend