Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
Doctors Financial Services (DFS) was created in 2019 to support members’ personal financial needs with Life Insurance, Financial Advice, Wealth Management and Lending – all tailored specifically for Doctors.
Due to the growth and success of our business, we now have a newly created opportunity available for a Client Services Officer to join our Sydney team for a permanent, full time opportunity.
The Client Services Officer works with the Financial Advisers to provide appropriately tailored advice and service by preparing Statements of Advice, managing the ongoing service needs of the client, preparing annual reviews and coordinating the flow of information between the Financial Advisers and clients.
The key accountabilities for this role include:
- Manage the outsourced production of high quality compliant personal advice documents
- Support our Financial Advisers to deliver an outstanding client experience
- Maintaining strong working relationships with our client facing Avant employees, approved product list providers and external service providers
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory, AFSL licensee and business requirements
- Ensuring Advice is implemented in a timely manner.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Prior experience as a Client Services Officer or in Adviser Support role is mandatory
- Strong knowledge of the financial planning industry
- Experience using financial planning software - Xplan is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a “client first” attitude
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
Why work at Avant?
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
- Discount of 25% on Private Health Insurance, free Salary Continuance Insurance and free Travel Insurance
- We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities. Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
- Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
- Employee Referral Program which rewards $2,500
- We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and Wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
- We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
About the Company
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
For further information, please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.