Assistant Accountant - Financial Controls and Reporting
Job no: 499447
Work type: full time
Categories: Assistant Accountants
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
An opportunity is available for an Assistant Accountant to join our Financial Controls team for a 24-month fixed-term contract (FTC), full-time position. The role will report directly to the General Manager – Finance.
The key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of bank journals with alignment to bank reconciliation.
- Maintenance of the Member Receipt Database (Premiums Receivable database) by overseeing the AR function, including the management and reconciliation of high volume of bank transactions.
- Support the reconciliation process of the monthly SD and GST returns for the Group, taking up any adjusting entries.
- Assist the broader financial control team as and where required with other responsibilities, including the processing of credit card maintenance and processing tasks.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Undergraduate degree with an accounting major.
- Preferably CA or CPA qualified.
- Four (4) plus years accounting experience preferably in the financial service industry.
Why work at Avant?
- We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities.
- Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
- Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
- We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
- We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
We prefer to deal with candidates directly. If you have any queries regarding the role, please do not hesitate to contact Adam Emery, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at 0484 300 064 or email@example.com
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend