Personal Assistant - Legal
Job no: 497817
Work type: full time
Categories: Law Clerks and Paralegals, Legal Secretaries
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
We are now seeking a Personal Assistant to support our ACT team in a permanent, full time opportunity.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide paralegal and administrative support to our team including assisting to prepare legal documentation, drafting correspondence, recording of court notes, preparing documents, liaising with witnesses, experts, court and tribunal staff
- Undertake legal research, summarising and communicating findings and maintaining Avant Law’s legal databases
- Coordinating meetings and travel arrangements
- Processing invoices, monthly billings and MasterCard reconciliations.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous demonstrated experience in a paralegal or administrative position in a legal environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Fast and accurate typing skills including digital dictation typing
- Experience drafting and formatting legal documentation
- Experience in conducting legal research
- The ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and show attention to detail
- Intermediate level of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience in preparing and maintaining legal files.
The ideal candidate will be highly organised, proactive and efficient with great technical skills and a real passion for providing exceptional support.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on (02) 9260 9107.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend