Job no: 497833
Work type: full time
Categories: Criminal and Civil Law, Insurance and Superannuation Law
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading medical defence organisation. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
Avant operates nationally and supports over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students through our Member service, claims management expertise, 24/7 medico-legal advice and highly experienced legal representation.
A permanent, full time opportunity is now available for an Associate with 5+ years PQE to join the Professional Conduct team within Avant Law Pty Ltd, in Sydney.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide a professional, thorough and effective legal service to achieve the best outcome for Avant’s members
- Manage a caseload of professional conduct matters including, Medical Board investigations, Coronial inquests, Medicare reviews/Committees and preparing for hearings before VCAT.
- Providing general medico-legal advice to Avant members and claims managers.
- Represent members in legal proceedings, attend court, tribunals or inquiries and through clear and persuasive advocacy to achieve the best outcome for the member.
Why work for Avant Law?
- You would be working for Australia’s largest specialist medico-legal law firm;
- You are guaranteed a pipeline of work from your instructing client, Avant Insurance, who are co-located
- You will get to work on a great variety and breadth of cases but with a focus on medical indemnity professional conduct claims
- You will be working in an open and collaborative environment with access to the top specialist medico-legal solicitors in the country
- You will be mentored by a leader who will support your professional development as a Solicitor
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary legal qualifications such as a Bachelor of Law degree
- Eligible to hold an unsupervised practising certificate as a Solicitor in NSW
- Demonstrated post admission experience in medical negligence, professional conduct, civil or related litigation is preferred
- The ability to express ideas effectively with proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of prioritisation, time management and self-management skills
- Good computer literacy and competency to work in an electronic document management environment.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0429 404 856.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend