Doctor in Training Medical Adviser
Job no: 497837
Work type: part time
Location: Sydney, Brisbane
Categories: Medical Advisory
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
We are offering a unique opportunity to join our Sydney or Brisbane team for a 12 month placement in a part time capacity, working 2 to 3 days per week. This role will commence in February 2021.
As our Doctor in training Medical Advisor, you will work across the organisation to develop an understanding of medico legal risk and provide medical input into complaints, claims, and member education material. This opportunity will see you work with our Doctors in Training Council (DITAC), advocacy, risk management and education areas to support the professional needs of Doctors in training.
The post is accredited towards training for some specialties.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide medical advice and expert opinion to the Claims; Advocacy, Research and Education; and Medico Legal Advisory team
- Increase awareness and understanding of medico legal, wellbeing, workforce and safety and quality issues amongst Doctors in training
- Educate members, staff, and external stakeholders in medico-legal, clinical risk, junior doctor wellbeing and patient safety matters
- Assist the development of resources and risk management strategies to improve the safety and reduce risk to patients and their doctors.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a medical degree (MBBS) and at least forth year post graduation
- Demonstrated medical industry and clinical experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Superior verbal, written and advocacy skills
- Proactive approach to developing relationships with our members and a demonstrated understanding of Doctor in training member requirements
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com on (02) 9260 9107 or Dr Penny Browne (Chief Medical Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9260 9113.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend