Personal Assistant -Legal
Job no: 497839
Work type: full time
Categories: Legal Secretaries
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
We are now seeking a Personal Assistant to support our NSW legal team in a permanent, full time opportunity.
This role provides quality administrative support to Avant Law solicitors, including assisting to prepare legal documentation, drafting correspondence, maintaining legal files in an electronic environment, preparing briefs to experts and counsel and maintaining legal databases.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assisting Solicitors in the management of a legal practice, and contribute to the effective functioning of the Legal team;
- Provide administrative and paralegal support to our Legal team including assisting to prepare legal documentation, drafting correspondence, liaising with members, witnesses, experts, court and tribunal staff;
- Preparing briefs to counsel and experts;
- Coordinating meetings and travel arrangements; and
- Processing invoices, monthly billings and credit card reconciliations.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous demonstrated experience in an administrative position in a legal environment (some paralegal experience desirable);
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fast and accurate keyboard skills including digital dictation typing;
- Experience in drafting and formatting correspondence and legal documentation;
- Experience in preparing briefs to counsel and experts, including electronic briefs;
- The ability to be flexible/adaptable, balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and show superior attention to detail;
- Be a team player who works collaboratively to ensure work is completed;
- Advanced level of competence in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat or similar and intermediate level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience in preparing and maintaining legal files (preferably in an electronic environment).
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, proactive and efficient with great technical skills and a real passion for providing exceptional support.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0429 404 856.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend