Line 1 Risk Manager, Technology
Job no: 498134
Work type: full time
Categories: Compliance and Risk
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the center of everything we do.
Working within Group Technology Services, you will provide strategic direction, consultation and compliance on information security and technology risk. The role is responsible for championing sound risk management practices in line with the Avant Operational Risk Framework, including leading the business in identification of operational risks and controls, identifying areas for key controls improvement in a way that improves business efficiency, effectiveness and delivers on business objectives.
Your key accountabilities include:
- Implement and maintain the guidelines, specifications, and processes specific to the group technology team for the execution of the Avant Mutual Group Risk Management Strategy;
- Own and manage operational risks within the technology team, including defining risk appetite and tolerances across key operational risks;
- Coordinate and complete risk profile reviews, including review of specific business risk assessment scenarios;
- Develop and coach business line team members in relation to contemporary Risk Management techniques based around ISO 31000 and the Avant Group Risk Management Framework;
- Work closely with the Avant Group 2nd Line of Defence Risk and Compliance teams, to ensure consistently effective business risk management outcomes;
- Providing risk & compliance advice and support to the business.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated 1st Line Risk Management experience ideally in the financial services or insurance industry
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Finance, Law or an associated discipline in Risk Management e.g. CRISC
- Proven experience in information security and technology risk
- Demonstrated success in influencing and partnering with business managers and executives
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and relationship management skills
- A proven ability to critically and analytically solve business problems.
At Avant, our people are the center of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0429 404 856.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend