Job no: 498157
Work type: full time
Categories: Compliance and Risk
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
About our role:
The Compliance Manager is a newly created role joining an established and growing 2nd Line of Defence Risk & Compliance Team.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for:
- the review and investigation of escalated complaints received by Avant. This excludes frontline complaints resolved by frontline staff or managers
- ensuring Avant is meeting its privacy obligations, providing expert advice and support to internal stakeholders, and leading Avant’s response to privacy related critical incidents
- developing, maintaining, and improving Avant’s AML/CTF compliance framework.
- identifying complaints, privacy and AML/CTF training and development opportunities required across Avant and facilitating the delivery of this training.
Key Accountability for the role includes:
- Avant Complaints Officer
- Avant Privacy Officer
- Avant AML/CTF Officer
- Provide reporting to our Boards and Committees
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in financial services, preferably general insurance, private health insurance, or AML advisory roles
- Demonstrated experience working in the 2nd Line of Defence
- A thorough and practical understanding of the technical compliance requirements of the financial services industry
- Knowledge of RG165 / RG 271 and AFCA processes
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate with a range of stakeholders across the business;
- Excellent written communication skills, including report writing, final IDR responses, and submission to EDR bodies
- Ability to manage the tension between regulatory requirements and business requirements
- Ability to plan, implement and deliver a quality program
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Finance, Commerce or Law.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Shipton - Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend