Risk & Compliance Manager - Life & Advice
Job no: 498159
Work type: full time
Categories: Compliance and Risk
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
As our Risk and Compliance Manager focusing on our Life & Wealth businesses, you will champion sound risk management and compliance practices and support the business in consistently implementing the risk and compliance frameworks.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity.
Your key accountabilities include:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the business, risks in key processes and the management of environment risks.
- Support the implementation of the Risk and Compliance Frameworks across the Life & Advice businesses.
- Engage with the business to identify and manage risks, compliance obligations and regulatory changes, and facilitate risk workshops and control assessments.
- Oversee the management and reporting of incidents & issues in the Life & Advice businesses
- Coordinate and support the preparation of risk management reports to Management and the Board Committees
- Identify trends in risk and compliance data to provide insight and make appropriate recommendations for action
- Effectively engage stakeholders at different levels of the business to embed risk culture, processes and disciplines.
- Providing risk & compliance advice and support to the business.
- Support the business in implementing Risk & Control Self-Assessment actions.
- Monitor and track regulatory developments and changes within the Life Insurance & Advice industries.
- Act as Risk Champion for the Financial Services business.
- Oversee and assist the business in monitoring and maintaining the Training Plans and ongoing training requirements.
- Liaise with Group Risk function to ensure alignment with group framework and policies.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated risk and compliance experience ideally in the financial services or insurance industry
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment including experience working with external regulators: APRA, ASIC and AUSTRAC
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Commerce, Finance, Law or an associated discipline.
- RG 146 qualification (preferable)
- Demonstrated success in influencing and partnering with business managers and executives
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and relationship management skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends
- A proven ability to critically and analytically solve business problems
At Avant, our people are the center of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on 0466 474 895.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend