Job no: 498160
Work type: full time
Categories: Personal Assistants and Executive Assistants
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
A fantastic opportunity is now available to support our Company Secretary in a permanent, full time role.
This role would suit an individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a natural organiser and has extensive experience supporting at the group executive or c suite level.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide assistance and support to the Company Secretary and the General Counsel;
- Assist with meetings of the Board, Board sub-committees and internal committees including preparation of calendars, notices, agendas, board travel and accommodation arrangements, Board room set up and catering arrangements;
- Assist the Company Secretary and the General Counsel with corporate governance and compliance requirements, including updating and maintaining policies, documentation and charters;
- Assist with preparation and lodgment of regulatory documents and maintenance of company registers; and
- Provide assistance and support for managing the Nominations Committee and Director election processes.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated working experience as an Assistant Company Secretary or Board Administrator;
- Administrator level experience working with Diligent Board Books;
- Strong organisation and coordination skills with the ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent administrative skills with precision in attention to accuracy and detail;
- Professional, calm, and ‘can-do’ approach to everything they do;
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels; and
- Fast and accurate typing skills with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Paul Shipton, Talent Acquisition Manager on 0466 474 895.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend