Job no: 498219
Work type: full time
Categories: Business / Systems Analysts
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
About our role:
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our Sydney Head office in a permanent, full time capacity.
This role has responsibility for working across multiple projects with key business stakeholders within the Information Technology and Project portfolio. You will be a key player in delivering end-to-end solutions that benefit our people and members. You will act as a liaison with stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for all business processes, policies and information systems, across a variety of projects.
Success will be measured by your collaboration with product owners, architects, developers, testers in the production of functional and solution designs that result in working technology. Reporting to the Head of IT Strategy & Architecture, this role will form part of virtual, cross-functional teams to provide business analysis skills and act as a key source of knowledge in Avant’s business and technology group.
The key responsibilities include:
- Deliver end to end solutions to the business
- Elicit detailed functional requirements from user groups and stakeholders and ensuring that they are understood and documented in user stories ready for delivery teams
- Analyse business processes, workflows and user journeys using techniques such as process maps, value stream maps and story boards
- Identify and communicate any requirement dependencies, issues or risks identified through the analysis process
- Developing acceptance tests
- Supporting project and project managers and delivery team members
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, ideally in business systems/management or IT
- Demonstrated previous professional experience working as a Business Analyst across a range of functions in a multi-vendor environment
- Extensive knowledge of business analysis techniques
- Proven experience in working in complex environments with a mix of internally and externally developed and supported systems
- Demonstrable experience with business processes and workflow
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management ability with excellent communication skills
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0429 404 856.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend