Job no: 498228
Work type: full time
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Hobart, Canberra
Categories: Product Management and Development
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
About our role:
We are seeking an experienced and innovative Product Manager to take ownership of the end to end product management of Avant’s medical indemnity insurance product with a key focus on white label products including Travel, Cyber and Business insurance.
We are seeking a thought leader to manage the content of policy for the core products and seek to achieve a shared understanding across Avant of the intent and extent of the cover. As a member owned organization we want to design our products and services from their standpoint, using human-centered design methodologies to improve our member experience through product management.
You will be an engaging person who is skilled at building and maintaining relationships across the company, an internal ambassador for our products. This senior role will see you pursue a program of continuous improvement to ensure the content of our policies can be more readily understood by our members and other stakeholders. You will be tasked with understanding our product range, analysing the products of competitors and training internal stakeholders on the product range.
The key responsibilities include:
- End to end product design and management of Avant’s existing and new products;
- Collaborate with non-medical indemnity product managers to ensure alignment in coverage;
- Identify competitiveness of Avant’s products and make recommendations about changes in line with the Group’s risk and governance framework;
- Support the business in relation to Avant’s products including providing training, answering staff queries, and assisting in member queries;
- Acting as the subject matter expert in projects affecting core medical indemnity product;
- Creating a shared understanding throughout the business regarding how the products operate and how they apply to our members;
- Managing an iterative process of updating our products to improve members engagement with our products.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience within a healthcare setting;
- Previous demonstrated experience in insurance or a related field (banking or financial services) in a technical role such as underwriting, broking, product or legal;
- Proven success in writing and maintaining claims made policies;
- Strong change management experience with excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of a legal or compliance environment within insurance field;
- Ability to develop business cases supporting new product concepts incorporating member/customer perspective;
- Ability to present or report on complex matters to non-technical audiences;
- Strong reporting skills with high attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving skills, innovative and member based design thinking and drive to succeed;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Specialist at email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend