Job no: 498327
Work type: full time, part time
Categories: Employment Law
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
Avant operates nationally and supports over 80,000 healthcare professionals and students through our Member service, claims management expertise, 24/7 medico-legal advice and highly experienced legal representation.
We are seeking an experienced Employment Lawyer to join Avant Law Pty Ltd in our Brisbane office. This is a unique opportunity to join our newly created national Workplace Law Team on a full time or part time (4 days per week) basis.
As Employment Lawyer, you will deliver high quality, timely legal advice and services to the claims department of Avant Insurance and Avant’s members.
The key responsibilities include:
- Advising medical practitioners (public and private sectors) and medical practices about a range of workplace law issues
- Managing workplace law claims for medical practitioners (public and private sectors) and medical practices
- Representing medical practitioners and medical practices in courts, tribunals and inquiries
- Participating in the Medico Legal Advisory Service (MLAS) in relation to workplace law inquiries
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary legal qualifications such as a Bachelor of Law degree;
- Eligible to hold an unsupervised practising certificate as a solicitor in Queensland and the High Court of Australia;
- Demonstrated post admission experience in workplace law, preferably in the Queensland public sector and the private sector;
- Previous experience in conducting all aspects of workplace law cases with minimal supervision;
- The ability to express ideas effectively with proven excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good computer literacy and competency to work in an electronic document management environment.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Business Partner on 0429 404 856.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend