Business Intelligence Specialist
Job no: 498389
Work type: full time
Categories: Business / Systems Analysts
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
An opportunity is now available for a Business Intelligence Specialist to join our Sydney team on a permanent basis. In this role you will be part of the Enterprise Information Management team and play a pivotal part in the uplift of our data analytics capabilities. You will be the Qlik Sense guru and data modelling hero that enables our business to conquer the last mile of analytics.
Also in this role, you’ll help us extract valuable insights from our data. Using DBT (Data Build Tool) on Snowflake, you model our datasets into the context of our business areas. With your partnering skills, you are able to extract business requirements and translate them into a Qlik Sense app that helps our data tell its story. At the end of the day, our stakeholders are able to make data-driven decisions thanks to your hard work.
Additionally, you’ll be in the driver seat on anything Qlik Sense related. You’ll take ownership of the application, act as thought leader to our analytical community, define best practices and design the process that helps us get the most out of Qlik Sense.
The key responsibilities include:
- Ownership of Qlik Sense as an application and the surrounding processes
- Modelling datasets and building Qlik Sense apps to create the insights our stakeholders need to thrive
- Be a thought leader on, and advocate of, Qlik Sense and data modelling best practices and share your knowledge and expertise with the wider analytical community
- Define and govern the processes around Qlik Sense app development
Key skills needed to be successful in this role:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a data-oriented role
- Experience in Qlik Sense, both from an app development as well as administrative perspective
- An entrepreneurial, hands-on and problem-solving mindset
- The ability to distil user requirements and translate those into a data model and app design
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills; enjoyment of working with colleagues from different business areas.
- Experience with Snowflake, DBT and/or Python would be looked upon favourably
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to the Hiring Manager at email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend