Job no: 498392
Work type: part time
Categories: Law Clerks and Paralegals, Legal Secretaries
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
About our role:
We are seeking a Paralegal to join the Avant Law Perth office. This opportunity is a 12 month fixed term contract on a part time basis (3-4 days per week).
This role provides quality legal administrative and paralegal support to Avant Law solicitors, including assisting in the preparation of legal documentation, drafting correspondence, maintaining legal files in an electronic environment, preparing briefs to experts and counsel, legal research and maintaining legal databases.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Administrative support to a multi-disciplinary group of solicitors;
- Preparation of briefs to experts and counsel;
- Undertake legal research, prepare case summaries and communicate research work to Avant Law, primarily through updating and maintaining Avant’s legal databases;
- Provide paralegal and administrative support to Avant Law in assisting to prepare legal documentation, drafting correspondence, recording of court notes, liaising with witnesses, experts, court and/or tribunal staff, and assisting with invoice management;
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Conduct and resolve simple matters.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous demonstrated experience working as a Paralegal or Legal PA;
- Experience in drafting and formatting correspondence and legal documentation;
- Experience in preparing briefs to counsel and experts, including electronic briefs;
- Proven ability to conduct comprehensive legal research;
- Advanced level of competence in Microsoft Word, Outlook and intermediate level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience in preparing and maintaining legal files in an electronic environment;
- High levels of organisation with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Business Partner on 0429 404 856.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend