Job no: 498416
Work type: part time
Categories: Administrative Assistants, Legal Secretaries, Claims
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
About our role:
We are now seeking a Personal Assistant to support our Perth Claims team in a permanent, part time) opportunity. The role is working 3 days per week (or potential for working this flexibly across the week).
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Assist our Claims team to support our members
- Provide administrative and coordination support to our team including assisting to prepare claims and legal documentation, drafting correspondence, liaising with members, witnesses, experts, court and tribunal staff
- Help to undertake research, summarising and communicating findings and maintaining our databases;
- Coordinating meetings and travel arrangements
- Processing invoices, monthly billings and MasterCard reconciliations.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous demonstrated experience in an administrative position in an insurance or legal environment;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills;
- Fast and accurate typing skills;
- The ability to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and show attention to detail;
- A high level of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and
- Experience in preparing and maintaining case files.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, proactive and efficient with great technical skills and a real passion for providing exceptional support.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend