Chief Technology Officer, Technology in Practice
Job no: 498604
Work type: full time
Categories: Engineering - Software
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years. It was established by a small group of doctors in 1893, who wanted to “protect themselves from actions arising out of the practice of medicine”.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
About the role:
PracticeHub is an innovative and exciting product developed by Avant’s New Ventures division and offers a complete online practice management solution that integrates best practice policies and procedures.
We are seeking a CTO to work with the GM of New Ventures, taking ownership of the organisation’s software delivery process as well as the day-to-day operation of the development and testing teams. You will need excellent business acumen, resource management and decision making skills in order to manage the full software delivery lifecycle as well as play a pivotal role in the PracticeHub solution architecture design and technology roadmap.
This is a permanent full-time opportunity based in our Sydney office.
In this opportunity you will:
- Build, develop, and lead a high-performing PracticeHub Technology Team.
- Implement and manage tools and processes used by the PracticeHub Technology Team to produce quality products and services, which meet scope, schedule, cost, and quality expectations.
- Architect and integrate technologies to deliver products and services which support PracticeHub’s strategies and objectives and align with Avant’s broader technology blueprint
- Manage technology roadmaps and deliverables to meet Avant’s aggressive timelines.
To be successful in our team, you will be:
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Experience in providing technical leadership and strategic direction in mobile technologies, web technologies (.Net and Angular) and encrypted systems would be highly advantageous .
- Demonstrated skills and experience in system architecture, design and integration specifically those related to Cloud services
- Exceptional project management and organisational skills, and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, quick-changing environment
- Healthcare sector experience would be highly beneficial (both start-ups and enterprise environments)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field would be highly beneficial
Why work at Avant?
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
- Discount of 25% on Private Health Insurance, free Salary Continuance Insurance and free Travel Insurance
- We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities. Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
- Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
- Employee Referral Program which rewards $2,500
- We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and Wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
- We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend