Business Development Associate
Job no: 498620
Work type: full time
Categories: Account and Relationship Management, Sales Coordinators
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 78,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do. As our range of products expands, tremendous opportunities exist to grow our business through acquiring new members and deepening our relationship with existing members.
An opportunity has now become available to join our Perth business development team as a Business Development Associate, based in our Perth office in a permanent, full time position.
This is an exciting role within a member-centric organisation with a reputation of excellence across the medical and legal sectors.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Supporting achievement of state sales growth targets by providing operational support to the WA team, which includes:
- Experience in event management
- Experience in excel, word, powerpoint, canva and event management platforms
- Day-to-day operational management of key external relationships to ensure we leverage all events, communications and opportunities
- Maintaining sound relationships with key industry organisations to promote awareness of the Avant brand and retention of our members
- Provide market intelligence and competitor information to build competitive advantage
- Actively collaborate in a team environment aimed at encouraging superior skills and results
- Represent Avant at state-based industry events and functions.
To be successful in this opportunity you will have:
- Proven success in a Business Development or Account Management role, preferably in insurance, health care, pharmaceutical or public hospital sectors
- Business development skills coupled with strong relationship management and presentation skills
- You will need to have an agile and flexible mind set in order to pivot between sales, events and relationship management in a complex market
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and an innate desire to continuously learn and grow.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend