Avant is Australia’s largest medical defence organisation. With an objective to be the business and career partner of its members, Avant provides:
• Medico-legal protection and risk management advisory services.
• Support, advice and legal representation in the event of a claim or complaint.
• Health insurance products.
• Education, research and training programs.
• Various other insurance products spanning cover of medical practices, income, life, disability and travel.
• Advocacy representation for its members collectively where it can make a difference.
Avant has over 80,000 members, annual premiums of $280m, 470 staff and net assets of over $1billion.
Avant is a member-owned organisation. Its core objective is to support, protect and defend its members.
About the Role
The Member Experience Innovation team is responsible for participating in and driving Medical Indemnity Division and Avant-wide initiatives to improve Avant member experience. These include the development and articulation of the Member Value Proposition, the creation of a Member Charter, and the design and implementation of the digital self-service platform.
Key Responsibilities are to identify, analyse, and implement member experience initiatives through:
• Driving projects designed to improve member experience;
• Engaging with members to identify and understand impacts to member experience, including but not limited to running member forums;
• Developing a strong understanding of and ability to implement member experience processes, including member sentiment reports, voice of truth analysis, member journey mapping and member-centered design;
• Researching member experience initiatives in the industry, and potential suitability for Avant;
• Ensuring strong Avant-wide knowledge of member-facing projects, initiatives and BAU to ensure that member experience principles are defined and delivered;
• Developing and maintaining all member communication – including transactional and precedent documents – leveraging Plain English principles and aligning to the Avant groups Brand and Tone of Voice guidelines;
• Maintaining open communication with internal stakeholders, including ensuring that the MEI team participate actively in all forums with a member impact;
• Developing a good working understanding of digital platforms, and ability to work with technical designers and business stakeholders to implement member-centered design;
• Contributing to and actively participating in the development and evolution of the MI Strategy and roadmap of activities;
• Contributing to the ongoing development of the team, including participating in initiatives and activities across the team;
• Maintaining appropriate practices to ensure compliance with the WH&S requirements.
Key skills required to perform the role:
• Strong analytical skills;
• Understanding of member experience principles including member sentiment reports, voice of truth analysis, member journey mapping and member-centered design;
• Strong stakeholder management abilities, including utilising influencing skills to ensure MEI involvement throughout Avant;
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to run member forums, lead projects, and do presentations;
• Working knowledge of project management principles;
• Willingness to collaborate and a cultural fit with the MS&G leadership team;
• Experience with medical or health professionals OR experience with insurance/financial services products (both would be highly regarded);
• Ability to operate in a remote-management environment;
• Strategic thinking.
Why work at Avant?
• Discount of 25% on Private Health Insurance and free Salary Continuance Insurance.
• We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities. Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
• Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
• Employee Referral Program which rewards $5,000
• We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and Wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
• We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.