Avant is Australia’s leading medical defense organization with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years. It was established by a small group of doctors in 1893, who wanted to “protect themselves from actions arising out of the practice of medicine”.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
The commitment to members and the profession from our 450 staff has resulted in over 50% of Australia’s doctors choosing to be Avant members, delivered annual revenues of $350 million and net assets of $2 billion.
About the Role
Avant’s member retention program is a leader in the industry and a key point in our brand recognition. We have a complex annual renewal process which is managed both on and off line requiring consolidation to identify both gaps in the renewal and payments process and / or identification of emerging trends that might impact our results.
This role will:
• Be the single source of truth for all renewals reporting across agreed frequencies and to all audiences.
• Monitoring of renewals activity, identifying short term trends and observed behaviors during active campaigns and reporting to enable targeted effective retention activity.
• Identify and develop a framework of indirect data points that can assist with further improvements to retention, sources such as call transcripts, payments performance, competitor changes are examples.
• Provide insights through investigation into changes in retention trends and outcomes using all available sources of qualitative and quantitative data.
1. Accurate and timely reporting of member retention progress and high-level trends to target.
2. Identification of emerging issues in retaining specific customer subsets
3. Identification of data and reporting issues for effective and timely remediation
4. Ensuring that out of system reporting and activity is captured and incorporated to ensure a complete picture
5. Identifying impacts to member retention from other data sources such as call center, social media, complaints and marketing/competitor activity.
To be successful you will have:
• 2-4 years’ experience in an analytical/reporting role (preferably market/customer call centre or insurance related)
• Tertiary qualifications (Required)
• Analytical & reporting skills (very strong Excel skillset required)
• Communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Dashboard reporting, insights and story telling
• Predictive analytics
• Business acumen
• Alignment with Avant values
• Stakeholder management
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.