Strategy and Business Planning Manager
Job no: 499165
Work type: full time
Categories: Strategy and Planning
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years. It was established by a small group of doctors in 1893, who wanted to “protect themselves from actions arising out of the practice of medicine”.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
The commitment to members and the profession from our 450 staff has resulted in over 50% of Australia’s doctors choosing to be Avant members, delivered annual revenues of $350 million and net assets of $2 billion
Reporting into the General Manager, Group Strategy & Program Office, this role will be responsible for leading the annual business planning process, leading strategic analysis and production of strategy reports for MD and Boards.
- Group Business Planning process determination and facilitation.
- Office of the Managing Director report generation.
- Preparing materials and agenda for Executive and Board planning and Strategy offsites.
- Assisting CEOs with specific strategic analysis (e.g. Diversification World / Health World / Data World assessments and papers).
To be successful you will have
- Degree qualified.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in strategy either at a consultancy or in the Group strategy area of a major Bank or insurer.
- Proven capabilities in proactivity, attention to detail, accuracy, problem solving and flexibility.
- Strong focus in customer and stakeholder engagement and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communicating and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to convey higher level concepts at Executive level.
- Desire to learn & improve, and to proactively influence the broader team to do the same.
Why work at Avant?
- Discount of 25% on Private Health Insurance and free Salary Continuance Insurance.
- We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities.
- Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
- Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
- Employee Referral Program which rewards $5,000'
- We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and Wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
- We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend