Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years. It was established by a small group of doctors in 1893, who wanted to “protect themselves from actions arising out of the practice of medicine”. Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
The commitment to members and the profession from our 450 staff has resulted in over 50% of Australia’s doctors choosing to be Avant members, delivered annual revenues of $350 million and net assets of $2 billion.
About Doctors’ Health Fund (DHF)
Doctors’ Health Fund (est. 1977) is a restricted private health insurer; the only health fund in Australia that exclusively serves the medical community and their families. We are one of Australia’s fastest growing health funds and now cover more than 46,000 lives.
Proudly part of the Avant Mutual Group, Australia's leading Medical Defence Organisation, we are owned by doctors, not shareholders. We support the medical community by offering quality health covers and exceptional member service.
We align our values to the profession by advocating for freedom of choice and clinical independence, while only supporting medically-evidenced treatments and therapies.
We operate nationally with our head office in Sydney. As a wholly member-centric organisation, dedication to our members is embedded in our values, mission, people and culture.
About the Role
We have an opportunity available for a Risk Analyst to join our Doctors Health Fund 1st Line Risk team. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about pursuing a career within Risk and helping drive risk maturity across the business.
Key Responsibilities include
- Facilitating periodic risk and control self-assessments, and supporting control owners to uplift the design and operating effectiveness of the control environment
- Assisting in identifying and capturing incidents and issues, including performing risk assessments, root cause analysis and supporting the development and completion of action plans
- Track and manage all open action items, providing guidance and support to appropriately address
- Maintaining DHF’s vendor/contracts register and policies register
- Support the team in preparation of risk reporting, governance forums and analysis
To be successful you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business, Commerce, Finance, Law or an associated discipline (includes applicants in 2nd year of tertiary studies or later)
- 1-2 years plus financial services (preferably Insurance) experience
- Emotional intelligence
- Ability to influence constructively
- Collaboration and team fit
- Commercial and financial acumen
- Attention to detail
- Drive and determination
- Able to self-manage and prioritise competing demands
Why work at the Doctor’s Health Fund?
Our people and our culture are at the centre of everything we do at Doctors’ Health Fund. By working here, you’ll be part of a dedicated, thriving, inclusive and supportive team environment that champions values of purpose, trust, passion and courage every single day.
The agile environment in which Doctors’ Health Fund operates allows for everyone to make a difference and be involved in any projects or initiatives, where your contribution and ideas are respected and valued. We take your career seriously and provide a safe learning environment and opportunities for professional development and to succeed in your long-term career goals. Together with a comprehensive induction program to kick-start your career at Doctors’ Health Fund, here are some of the great benefits available to you:
- Established flexible working arrangements, promoting a genuine work-life balance.
- Open to part-time, job sharing and School based hours, and University Graduates.
- Sydney CBD location with incredible Darling Harbour views right from your desk
- Automatic eligibility to become a member of Doctors’ Health Fund, with a 25% discount off your health insurance
- Career, health and wellbeing support through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP), health and wellbeing programs, tertiary education sponsorship and support
- Regular social events and activities throughout the year
Please note: The Avant Mutual Group is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.