Solicitor or Associate - Medico-legal
Job no: 499817
Work type: part time
Categories: Insurance and Superannuation Law, Disciplinary Law
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading medical defence organisation. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
Avant operates nationally and support over 80,000 healthcare professionals and students through our Member service, claims management expertise, 24/7 medico-legal advice and highly experienced legal representation.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
We are seeking a Solicitor or Associate, to join the Incorporated Legal Practice Avant Law Pty Ltd in our Adelaide team for a permanent, part-time (3-days per week) role.
The key responsibilities include:
- Provide a professional, thorough and effective legal service to achieve the best outcome for Avant’s members.
- Provide oral and written legal advice to members and Avant Insurance claims managers concerning civil claims, professional conduct matters and also general medico-legal advice.
- Prepare and manage legal files relating to civil claims and professional conduct and other matters, contributing to the delivery and achievement of a superior and comprehensive legal service.
- Represent members in legal proceedings, attend court, tribunals or inquiries and through clear and persuasive advocacy achieve the best outcome for the member.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary legal qualifications.
- Eligible to hold a supervised practising certificate as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of South Australia and the High Court of Australia.
- Demonstrated post admission experience (ideally at least one to two years) in medical negligence is preferable.
- The ability to express ideas effectively with proven excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of prioritisation, time management and self-management skills.
- Good computer literacy and competency to work in an electronic document management environment.
Why work for Avant Law?
- You would be working for Australia’s largest specialist medico-legal law firm.
- You are guaranteed a pipeline of work from your instructing client, Avant Insurance, who are co-located.
- You will get to work on a great variety and breadth of cases but with a focus on medical indemnity civil claims and professional conduct matters.
- You will be working in an open and collaborative environment with access to the top specialist medico-legal solicitors in the country.
We prefer to deal with candidates directly. If you have any queries regarding the role, please do not hesitate to contact Adam Emery, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at 0484 300 064 or email@example.com
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend