Actuary - Corporate Actuarial
Job no: 499947
Work type: full time
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
An opportunity is available for an Actuary to join our Corporate Actuarial team in a permanent, full-time capacity. The primary focus areas for the team are Valuation and supporting the Appointed Actuary, capital management, financial projections for various purposes including the annual budgeting process. The role will also support the CFO as required on other ad-hoc assignments relating to the strategic financial management of the organisation and provide input as required into business decision support activities.
Key activities in this role will include:
- Deliver high quality and technically sound advice to Avant’s medical indemnity and health businesses.
- Supporting the Appointed Actuary in Valuation and reporting.
- Preparation of Board papers.
- Preparation of sound financial projections for a range of purposes.
- Assisting the CFO to ensure the Group is managing capital effectively.
The ideal candidate:
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia, three or more years post qualified.
- General or private health insurance experience, with demonstrated success in capital management and reserving (long-tail preferred).
- Programming experience is useful (SAS/SQL/R/Python).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Why work at Avant?
- We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities.
- Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
- Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
- We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
- We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
We prefer to deal with candidates directly. If you have any queries regarding the role, please do not hesitate to contact Adam Emery, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at 0484 300 064 or email@example.com
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend