As Australia’s largest doctor-owned mutual, we see the ever-increasing complexities our members face in running a successful practice every day.
In response to these growing demands, we have developed an extensive suite of tailored products and services that all work together to make running a practice easier, safer and more efficient. We believe that by supporting our members and their practices in this way, they can focus more on what they do best – delivering excellence in healthcare.
Avant Practice Solutions deliver a holistic proposition to support and enable medical practices with a combination of technology, practice management, and virtual administration services. This approach is expected to deliver our next chapter of growth, as we expand our value proposition and the quality support we provide medical practices in Australia.
About the role:
As a key member of the leadership team, this role will have primary responsibility for delivering success for our Medical Billings Service, both for the Avant Practice Solutions business and for our clients.
This opportunity provides more than just routine Medical Billing, with plenty of scope for strategic thinking around process improvement and growing and scaling our services. The work will be varied with excellent support from our senior leadership team.
Avant Practice Solutions is a dynamic workplace, unlike any other, and you’ll be surrounded by like-minded people focused on getting great outcomes for doctors and patients. You will have the chance to make a real difference and develop your expertise.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a company who values loyalty and is passionate about continual improvement and providing outstanding service. If you are looking to advance your career in a dynamic and stable industry, we will work with you to develop your skills as the business continues to grow.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients and deliver a prompt, efficient billings service with a commitment to continual improvement.
- Contribute to and support the day-to-day management of Avant Billings service for our clients.
- Manage the Avant Practice Solutions Billings team to achieve business and operational success and meet financial and operational targets.
- Grow the Avant Practice Solutions Billings portfolio of clients by initiating and contributing to business development, consultancy and technical integration.
- Lead and contribute the development of supportive content and educational material for Avant Practice Solutions Billings and clients.
- Encourage an atmosphere of process improvement and business optimisation.
What you will need to be successful:
- Advanced practical competency with end-to-end medical billings service design and operations, experience gained with private hospital billing would be highly regarded.
- Expert knowledge of medical billings requirements, rules and processes, and the provision of education with confidence both internally and externally.
- Strong leadership and management skills gained in the Healthcare sector.
- Ability to learn and effectively communicate the features and benefits of our services.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Medical Practice Management Software.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues effectively.
- Manage and plan workflow effectively.
- Strong financial literacy.
- Creativity with vision and eye for business improvement.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate strategic thought processes.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Business Partner on 0429 40 4856.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.