Accounts Payable Officer (6 month fixed term contract)
Job no: 499982
Work type: full time
Categories: Accounts Payable, Assistant Accountants
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 130 years.
Avant now represents 82,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to assist the Finance Operations Manager in providing a streamlined Accounts Payable function through the accurate and timely payments of external bills, refunds to members and staff personal expenses claims.
This is a great opportunity to utilise or develop your leadership skills, there is a possibility that this role will become permanent after the initial 6 month fixed term contract. You'll be working in a fast paced and supportive team based at our Darling Park offices in the CBD. We have a hybrid work policy.
- Supporting the Finance Operations Manager and as 2IC
- Ensure that invoices are processed accurately and promptly, we used Readsoft (Cofax) and Exflow.
- Assist with the weekly EFT and cheque payment runs.
- Handle account queries, both internal & external.
To be successful you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting discipline beneficial
- Successful track record in a high-volume environment, insurance industry would be beneficial
- 3-5 years working experience in Accounts Payable, including running payments
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience using an OCR software for invoice processing
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service and communications skills
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
If you are interested please apply online for an immediate interview.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend