Job no: 499996
Work type: full time
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
An opportunity is available for a Tax Manager to join our Financial Controls team in a permanent, full-time position. The role will report directly to the Head of Tax.
The key responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly tax and PAYG income tax instalment calculations for Avant Group and its related legal entities.
- Prepare calculations and disclosures to support the statutory financial reporting process.
- Prepare annual income tax returns for the Avant tax consolidated group and other standalone Avant group entities.
- Prepare tax returns for other taxes e.g. FBT.
- Providing input into new initiatives / transactions and projects.
- Risk and compliance activities in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework and related procedures.
- Assistance with documentation of processes and controls.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accountancy, CAANZ (or equivalent in another jurisdiction).
- Five (5) plus years in corporate tax.
- Experience leading and coaching personnel.
Why work at Avant?
- We value our people by offering an inclusive workplace with flexible work, career development and internal mobility opportunities.
- Our flexible working arrangements are designed to enable genuine work-life balance.
- Your development is our priority and we have a variety of learning and development programs that will support you in your career.
- We offer support to our people via Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Health and wellbeing programs, Tertiary Education Sponsorship and Support.
- We have a diverse and connected work environment where your contribution and ideas will be valued and respected and make a real difference to the lives of others.
We prefer to deal with candidates directly. If you have any queries regarding the role, please do not hesitate to contact Adam Emery, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at 0484 300 064 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend