Job no: 497828
Work type: full time
Categories: Insurance and Superannuation Law, Claims, Medico-Legal Advice
Avant Mutual Group is Australia's leading doctors’ mutual. We are an organisation created by doctors, for doctors.
We support over 76,000 healthcare professionals and students with a range of products and services, including medical defence and indemnity insurance. Our products are designed to protect our members both professionally and personally, to safeguard their career and reputation and protect them and their families.
Our mutual structure, heritage and ethos ensure that our members are at the centre of everything we do.
An opportunity is now available for a Claims Manager to join our Sydney team in a permanent, full time position.
As the Claims Manager, you will provide expert support and advice to our members through managing their professional indemnity claims. This critical role will see you have a direct impact for our members, being their point of contact and support throughout the claims process.
The key responsibilities include:
- Managing member claims and investigations to support our members;
- Provide guidance, advice and support in the indemnification of claims;
- Proactively formulate a claims management strategy for the member, to achieve the best possible outcome;
- Partner with Solicitors in the support of our members claim as required;
- Contribute to Avant’s provision of claims services including special projects, writing articles and presentations; and
- Participate in the resourcing of the medico-legal advice hotline.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in legal, health or business with previous demonstrated experience within claims management;
- A strong understanding of current health and insurance legislation would be beneficial;
- A strong focus on time management and work management;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; and
- Proven ability to work in an electronic document management system
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Specialist on 0429 404 856.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend