Assistant Company Secretary
Job no: 498282
Work type: full time
Categories: Corporate and Commercial Law
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
In this permanent, full time opportunity you will be assisting our Company Secretary and Board Administrator with the management and administration of the Boards’ affairs, coordinating the delivery of company secretarial services to our boards and subcommittees.
This is a key role in our team and is accountable to:
- Assist with meetings of the Board, Board sub-committees, and internal committees including preparation of calendars, notices, agendas, board papers and minutes
- Act as Company Secretary as required, including leading and recording minutes for meetings of subsidiary boards and committees on a stand-alone basis
- Attend to corporate governance and compliance requirements, including updating and maintaining policies, documentation and charters required to ensure compliance with ASIC and APRA requirements and prudential standards
- Preparation and lodgment of regulatory documents and maintenance of company registers
- Assisting with the coordination and running of the AGM
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous company secretarial experience in a similar role
- Highly developed planning and self-organisation skills
- A good understanding of the financial and insurance services environment
- High level written and spoken communication skills with people at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to perform under pressure and maintain attention to detail
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft office (particularly Word and PowerPoint)
- An undergraduate degree or completion/ near completion of the graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance (GIA) would be a huge advantage
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend