Application Architect - Duck Creek Policy & Billings
Job no: 498421
Work type: full time
Location: Sydney, Melbourne
Categories: Architecture and Design
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 125 years.
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Duck Creek Application Architect to lead the application architecture and design for insurance policy and billing. This a permanent, full time opportunity based in our Sydney Head Office.
Reporting to Head of IT Strategy & Architecture, the role will be responsible for delivering and maintaining the overall end-to-end technical vision for innovative technology solutions to support business needs. As part of the enterprise architecture team, the role contributes to setting architectural and solution standards, architectural governance and ensuring delivered systems comply with agreed architectures, standards and practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide end-to-end policy and billing application architectures and designs;
- Understand the needs and determine the best solutions to meet business needs within architecture guidelines and frameworks;
- Provide end-to-end delivery oversight over the defined architecture; ensure compliance with standards, frameworks and guidelines as well as a delivered solution that meets the business need and identified benefits;
- Oversight of design processes and documentation, and participation in design authority and review;
- Lead the Duck Creek practice; providing expertise in the best use of Duck Creek as applied to Avant;
- Participate in and contribute to the development of enterprise-wide technology standards; especially in the Policy & Billing domain, including the Duck Creek solution and all related integrations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline mandatory
- 5 years + of demonstrated, practical experience with Duck Creek including significant experience in a design or lead developer role or similar
- Extensive experience as a software developer, technical lead or architect
- Deep domain experience in insurance, with particular reference to policy and billing systems
- Understanding of DevOps practices and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with designing and implementing Microsoft technologies, including .NET, Office 365, SharePoint and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Agile methods, rituals and artefacts
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend