Member Service & Sales Manager
Job no: 498465
Work type: full time
Avant now represents 80,000 health practitioners and medical students across every state and territory, delivering market leading products and services to meet their professional, personal and practice needs. Building on this heritage, our vision is to be the most trusted professional partner in supporting doctors throughout their lives and careers.
As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do. As well as providing products and services to our member, we play a broader community role by advocating for improvements in the healthcare system and in quality, safety and professionalism in medicine, through delivering education and research activities.
About our role:
Due to an internal move, an opportunity is available to join our Medical Indemnity leadership team, as Member Service and Sales Manager. Reporting to the Head of Member Services, this key role has responsibility for the service of existing members as well as acquisition and administration of new business across customer contact channels.
With an overarching aim of ensuring both outstanding service to our members, as well as leadership of a highly engaged team, we are seeking an experienced contact centre professional to provide empathetic and purposeful leadership and engagement of our member services teams.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Lead and execute the member services contact centre strategy to deliver best practice performance, compliance, and engagement results;
- Hiring and retention of service and sales consultants ensuring quality and low turnover;
- Developing coaching and personal development programs to ensure a highly engaged workforce
- Driving engagement of the team through thought and empathetic leadership;
- Managing productive performance to agreed targets to ensure member service levels are met;
- Monitoring of member behaviours and against skillsets to ensure alignment to market changes;
- Driving delivery and improvement to outcome-based targets related to member experience, new business and member retention;
- Encourage, develop, and build strong relationships with both internal and external customers and stakeholders;
- Communicate with customers and internal stakeholders to resolve escalated issues, concerns, or complaints.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in senior leadership of national or geographically dispersed customer service teams with a history of delivering highly engaged and performance driven workforces
- Proven record of success in contact centre leadership, previous experience in the health care industry or with insurance or financial services products would be beneficial
- Strong people management skills and experience in driving engagement in a complex environment
- Excellent communication skills and influencing ability
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Business Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend