Avant is Australia’s largest medical defence organisation. With an objective to be the business and career partner of its members, Avant provides:
• Medico-legal protection and risk management advisory services.
• Support, advice and legal representation in the event of a claim or complaint.
• Health insurance products.
• Education, research and training programs.
• Various other insurance products spanning cover of medical practices, income, life, disability and travel.
• Advocacy representation for its members collectively where it can make a difference.
Avant has over 80,000 members, annual premiums of $280m, 470 staff and net assets of over $1billion.
Avant is a member owned organisation. Its core objective is to support, protect and defend its members.
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with strong analytical skills to start your career in the Risk & Compliance space.
As a key member of the Medical Indemnity (MI) Line 1 Risk & Compliance team and reporting to the Head of Assurance, the Risk & Compliance Analyst will work closely with other members of the Assurance team to support a variety of risk, compliance and quality assurance activities. You will also work with leaders and team members across Medical Indemnity (MI) and Group Risk to help uplift MI’s risk maturity and overall operational excellence.
You will provide analysis and insights to management to help them assess their risks and support decision making. You will also have strong communication and project management/co-ordination skills to support teams to implement risk and compliance requirements.
Key Responsibilities are to:
• Analyse risk, incident and issues data to identify trends and insights to help business units manage their risk profiles and support decision making.
• Monitor incidents and issues as they arise and coach teams to ensure incidents are correctly recorded and remediated timely.
• Support the Customer Resolutions Manager with complaints data analysis, review complaints trends, and ad hoc Complaints system administration (eg: ASIC data extraction or any other reporting extraction or analysis required)
• Complete assigned controls assurance testing
• Perform deep dives in specific areas or processes to identify control gaps and improvement opportunities
• Support the Risk & Compliance Business Partner and Head of Assurance with various risk and compliance activities that help uplift risk maturity.
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
• Strong relationship building skills and good communication skills (both written and verbal) to keep stakeholders informed of risk activities
• Strong excel and data analysis skills to derive insights and support decision making
• Ability to work independently, prioritise deliverables and use initiative to solve business problems
• Willingness to learn about key Financial Services regulations
• Experience in using risk management tools or a risk role within Financial Services will be beneficial
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
Please note: Avant Mutual is a vaccinated employer. Prior to the commencement of your employment by Avant, you are required to be fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus or have a medical certificate stating that you cannot receive a Covid-19 vaccination for valid medical reasons.