Insurance Financial Adviser
Job no: 500000
Work type: full time
Categories: Life Insurance
Avant is Australia’s leading medical defence organisation with a proud heritage of protecting Australian medical professionals for over 130 years. As a mutual organisation, owned by members and run purely for their benefit, our members are at the centre of all we do.
Personal financial advice on life insurance is one of the many products and services we offer to our members.
About the role:
We have a unique opportunity in the Financial Advice division of Avant Life Insurance. This is akin to working in a boutique firm where you will deliver specialised personal financial advice relating to life insurance, both inside and outside superannuation, to Avant members, non-member medical professionals and their families.
You will require a deep understanding of life insurance products such as life cover, total and permanent disability, trauma and income protection and their use in business strategies such as key person, overheads and buy/sell arrangements, and how these fit into the financial planning needs of medical professionals and their practices by providing appropriately tailored advice and service.
- Conduct in-depth reviews of clients’ financial circumstances, current situation and future needs particularly in relation to their personal, business or superannuation-based risk insurance requirements.
- Prepare written advice best suited to the individual clients’ requirements.
- Ensure implementation of advice operates smoothly with APL providers.
- Ensure optimal use of financial planning and SoA production tools.
- Comply with all Avant policies and procedures including the Avant Financial Advice Standards.
- Ensure all documentation meets statutory and licensee requirements.
- Meet required activity and SoA targets.
- Conduct market research to keep up to date with relevant products and legislation.
- Respond to client queries as required to maintain high levels of client care.
- Provide clients with information on new products and services.
To be successful you will need:
- Successful track record as a Financial Adviser with strong knowledge of the insurance sector.
- Experience advising on retail life insurance products, superannuation and using life insurance-based strategies for business structures.
- Bachelor's degree (AQF7 level) or equivalent, otherwise on track to meet these requirements by 31/12/2025 through appropriate bridging courses. You may be eligible for Avant study assistance.
- Experience in working under an AFSL.
- Extensive experience using financial planning software – XPLAN (including Risk Researcher Tools) preferred.
- Experience working with medical professional clients with an understanding of unique insurance needs would be beneficial.
Registrations required (condition of appointment):
- Registered or able to be registered with ASIC to provide Tax (Financial) Advice as a Qualified Tax Relevant Provider (QTRP).
- ASIC Relevant Provider Register including meeting Fit and Proper.
At Avant, our people are the centre of everything we do for our members. We offer a range of benefits and opportunities to enable you to make a difference, learn, and grow in your career.
For further information, please contact Sue Allen, Talent Acquisition Business Partner on 0429 404 856.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend