Associate - Civil & Professional Conduct
Job no: 500005
Work type: full time, part time
Categories: Insurance and Superannuation Law
We are seeking a Solicitor or Associate to join the Incorporated Legal Practice Avant Law Pty Ltd in our Perth team for a twelve (12) month fixed-term contract (FTC), full time or part-time (4-days per week) role.
The key responsibilities include:
- This role will see you deliver high quality, timely legal advice and services in respect of Civil and Professional Conduct matters to Avant Insurance claims managers and Avant’s members.
- Provide a professional, thorough and effective legal service to achieve the best outcome for Avant’s members.
- Provide oral and written legal advice to members and Avant Insurance claims managers concerning civil litigation, legal claims and general medico-legal advice.
- Prepare and manage legal files relating to civil claims and other matters, contributing to the delivery and achievement of a superior and comprehensive legal service.
- Represent members in legal proceedings, attend court, tribunals or inquiries and through clear and persuasive advocacy achieve the best outcome for the member.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary legal qualifications.
- Eligible to hold an unsupervised practising certificate as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the High Court of Australia.
- Demonstrated post admission experience (ideally over two years) in defendant medical negligence is preferred.
- The ability to express ideas effectively with proven excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of prioritisation, time management and self-management skills.
- Good computer literacy and competency to work in an electronic document management environment.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend